Sunday, May 22, 2011

Easy Peasy Granola

Are we feeling out there? My weekend is going by swimmingly.

1. I arranged for 2 job interviews for the 2011-2012 school year (one Monday afternoon and one Wednesday)

2. I made coffee and lazily sat on the couch with the pup and read blogs most of the morning. (ahhhhh!!)

3. I made this delicious Easy Peasy Granola which I loosly based off of Kath's Granola recipe. And now I'll share the easiest granola recipe that is simply delicious!




2 cups oats (I used Quaker)
1/2 cup raw whole almonds (you can use slivered)
2 tbsp 100% real maple syrup
1 tbsp raw clover honey
~1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon (to taste... I love cinnamon)




Mix everything in large mixing bowl.


Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spread mixture onto pan.


Bake mix @ 300F for 15minutes. Stir granola mixture and bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.


Let cool and portion out single serving sizes for easy snacking. I plan to take mine to work and just add 1/2 FAGE greek yogurt for a perfect morning snack.

(1 serving = 1/4 cup granola)

_______________________________________________________________

And now another installment of 5 Things I'm Currently enjoying!

1. Clear running paths! The snow is almost gone but the rain rolled in today.




2. The radio station... it feels good to be back playing music after being on vacation for 2 weeks.


3. Grilling!

ingredients for grilled corn on the cob (evoo, salt & pepper, and aluminum foil)



grilled beets and corn on the cob



Less grill time next time... a little crispy


grilled stuffed peppers and zucchini



4. Om Nashi Me- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
An oldie but a goodie!



I'm not typically a movie person but This was a very powerful movie. I'm sure everyone know th story by now but even knowing how it all ends it was quite emotional. Great movie. Don't know if I'd watch it again but glad I've seen it at least once.


Have you been enjoying your weekend? Any good movies you've seen lately? What's your favorite kind of granola?

1 comment:

Lee said...

I loved 127 Hours. Well, loved is a weird word for the type of movie that it was, but I thought it was incredibly powerful too. I really felt like I'd been through some sort of ordeal when I left the theater.

Post a Comment