Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summer Eats

Happy Saturday! Anyone else wake excited we still had another day to sleep in again this week?

Don't worry... I count sleeping in as 8a. I'm now to a point in my life that if I sleep passed 8a then it's wasting the day... even if I just end up drinking coffee on the couch and snuggling with the puppers all morning while the mister is at work.

how can you not love this face?


I'm hoping to go for a run today. It been slightly drizzling on and off the past 2 days but doesn't seem to want to commit to actually raining.



I've had some wonderful summer eats lately...

salads: organic spinach, organic tomatoes, organic carrots, white albacore tuna, sweet and spicy mustard



ice cold yogurt bowls: 0% Fage, crumbled PB Cookie Larabar, and cinnamon (I make it and then pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes to make it super cold and thick)



sandwiches: local wheat bread, havarti cheese, organic tomatoes, organic spinach

same sandwich as above... don't mess with perfection.



anything grilled: grilled organic eggplant, tuna, and grilled organic white corn (hers)



grilled organic white corn, grilled salmon patty sandwich (havarti cheese, organic avocado, mustard, mayo), and grilled organic eggplant (his)



green monsters at the radio station: mango, spinach, almond milk, soy protein powder, water, ice




Anyone else excited that grilling season is in full swing? You already know I am! Dinner is so easy when grilling!
What are you enjoying this summer where are? It's hitting the 60s out here and feels wonderful! I guess the mosquitoes think the same thing. Also the sun isn't setting until a around 11p and rising around 5a so it's always nice to have extra long days here.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Definitely nice to have an extra day to sleep in. I think the world would be a happier place if every weekend was a 3-day weekend.

Too hot already in ATL. I just went to a festival and it was miserable.

April @ Grits and Granola Bars said...

I'm enjoying summer here in NC but it is HOT! Nothing that icy cold smoothies can cure though. :)

Post a Comment